Thursday, August 20, 2009

La Union Ocular - Thunderbird



THUNDERBIRD RESORTS, LA UNION

August 2, 2009


Even before I got engaged, maybe even before I knew Eyebrows, I imagined a Greek wedding. Now that I think about it, maybe not so much for the Greek theme, but for the elegance and free-spirit atmosphere it gives. So, when I came across this new resort in La Union, we just had to check it out! It's a secluded, mini Santorini in our very own coast.


To our pleasant surprise, Thunderbird was amazing. It's secluded. It's private. It looks very elegant. It's by the beach. It has its very own new and well-kept golf course. The rooms are classy. The Greek theme is very well played off.


But... there are a few big "buts". La Union is a 6 hour drive (minimum). Ok, I could have lived with that. Rooms are pricey. Well, we found a few cheap resorts nearby, so that solves that. But there are "buts" that I cant live with. (1) They dont seem to have enough staff to have a sit-down dinner. Maybe even not enough to check in more than 100 guests at the same time. And (2), there is no viable plan B. Being by the coastline, winds can get pretty strong and even the biggest tent just wont cut it.

Conclusion, it could have been perfect. We're definitely coming back, not for our wedding though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...