Monday, November 7, 2011

Feels Like Home

Finally finished renovating and decorating our place! After a few months of renovating and a couple weeks of unpacking, rearranging and shopping -- this simple small place finally feels like a home. Eyebrows and I decided on a clean French look for our second place. Monique was our architect and she captured our vision quite well.



The overall color scheme was white and beige with a few hints of green and brown to add color. I shopped for a few simple and elegant accent furniture that added life to the place. I love the glass vases I found at Rustans. They are the perfect size (and I must it is not easy to find elegant furniture for a small space)! I coupled it with potpourri in shades of green and beige to go with our color scheme. 


All the furniture was custom made to fit into the small space and to go with the theme. Beth, our furniture maker, did a great job! Most of the furniture is painted to mimic an old french country look (snagged the look from Ethan Allen, its funny though how most older people think the furniture painting is undone!). Beth used 7 layers of paint and sandpaper to get the look right. I chose simple textured fabric for most upholstery with a few printed damask accent pieces. We really wanted some semblance of greenery and were really happy to find these clean-cut grass in silver pots to go with our theme.


Our home has a very soft feel to it. It is clean and fresh looking just like I imagined. In a way its sad that  its all done. Its just so fun to design our place, I want to do more of it! Next step is to finish the Nursery and Christmas decorations. 

1 comment:

  1. nice close ups, you should also post further pics -rob hahn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...