Sunday, November 6, 2011

Getting Started on the Nursery


After being hospitalized for a week for premature labor, Im finally home although confined to strict bed rest. Thank God I've just finished decorating most areas of our home. Now it's down to the nursery. We have the crib, mattress, changing table, shelves and Mommy's lazy boy in place, but thats about it. On a side note, Mommy's lazy boy was the one "luho" item we got for the nursery. Its a bit on the pricey side but extremely comfortable! It's very well cushioned with soft leather, fully reclines, has full leg support, and best of all -- offers great lumbar support! I vouch it to be more comfortable than any other furniture in the house! My rationale: for those long and exhausting days and nights of breastfeeding. 


Anyway, back to the room... there are no accents or decorations whatsoever. It's quite disappointing I wont be able to step out of our home to shop for baby stuff (at least not anytime soon) and there's still so much to buy. I made a list of all the necessities and if worse comes to worst, then Ill probably delegate the shopping to Eyebrows and my Mom. But for now, Im learning all about internet shopping! My first buy.... removable wall stickers! 


Found these in Amazon on sale for only $3.23 each. With door to door shipping, it sums up to approx $30 for 2 sets. I closed my eyes and clicked the purchase button. I think it'll go perfectly with our nursery theme. Im going for light hues of white, cream, mocha and baby pink. Plus, its a really practical buy. It wont ruin our newly painted walls in case we decide to take it down. Cant wait for it to arrive!

Next nursery room buys: Stand Lamp, Beddings (sheets and crib guards), and a nice large picture to hang on the wall (probably will end up hanging a family pic instead).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...