Thursday, June 11, 2009

Brainstorming Suppliers


Brainstorming Suppliers


I have come across tons of options for suppliers in the net, magazines, expos and through word of mouth. Ideally, I would want to get someone who's work I have personally seen. But for now, Im keeping my options open. I guess to help me organize all these famous wedding suppliers Ive been hearing about, I thought to keep a running list.


Wedding Planner:
For now, Im considering getting a wedding planner who will work with me on the wedding day itself. Mostly because I am a very hands on bride, but also cuz I am beginning to realize that I actually do enjoy the stressfull planning (how strange...). I figured the planner I'll be getting depends a lot on the venue. I dont have much names on hand, but I figured I'd get to that later on.
  1. Amanda Tirol - Boracay wedding
  2. Calrice Avinate - W@W top 10, 2008
  3. JP Montilla - Recommended by Antonio's, for a no worries wedding

Gowns:
20 wedding magazines and 1,000 webpages after, I think Ive figured out what type of gown I like. I've pretty much put aside the idea of something Greek-inspired and am going with something more bold and elegant. Im thinking A-line, silk, flowers, lots of cloth, minimal to no beading, mid-length train, shoulder-length veil -- romantic style. This isnt carved on stone though, every other day I seem to change my mind.
  1. Richie Ortega - This idea came from Jacqui, googled him and I love his designs. They're unique and sometimes daring. Definately an option.
  2. Ivarluski Aseron - Another idea from Jacqui, still gotta see more of his work though.
  3. Puey Quinones - Sometimes I fancy the layered ruffled skirt. Plus, I came across the gown for Chesca Garcia -- elegant!
  4. Oscar Peralta
  5. Patrice Ramos - Diaz - maybe a little too much beadwork for me, but worth considering. I like what she did for the Chris.
  6. Kristel Yulo - I've seen her entourage gowns (again, Chris' wedding), its in theme with what I want. Although she's more expensive than I imagined, Im still considering.
  7. Cecilio Abad - W@W top 10, 2008. Was looking as some pics over the web and he just might be exactly what Im looking for! He uses a lot of silk. Elaborate skirts. Lovely.

Although I wasnt in town to witness the Philippine fashion week, I did keep up to date over the net. There were a few designers that caught my eye and I thought to list them down just in case I dont find what Im looking for from the above big names.
  1. Martin Bautista
  2. Edgar Madamba
  3. Boying Eustaquio
  4. Popo Go
  5. Marc Rancy
  6. Benjie Manuel
  7. Jaz Cerso

Photography:
If our schedule and budget permits, I'm pretty sure about Mangored. I'm picky about pictures.
  1. Mangored
  2. Raymond Isaac
  3. Jomel Gregorio
  4. Paul Vincent
  5. Terry Uy - Jill's suggestion, cheaper but good. More traditional style, but he seems to capture the moments.

Videography:
Just the same, my ideal for videography is Magbanua. Need to book that ASAP.
  1. Jason Magbanua
  2. Mayad Studios
  3. Threelogy
  4. Phoeben Teocson - Another suggestion from Jill. Cheaper but quite talented.

Catering:
Food is top priority for us. Ideally, we'd want a set menu with yummy food. We went to this wedding once catered by Cibo and the food was awesome. Since then, Ive made a mental note to consider them for our wedding. Thing is though, not all venues allow you to bring your own caterer -- so again, this is put on hold for now.
  1. Cibo

Flowers:
Flowers for me is a low priority item. I want a nice and natural looking venue and simple but very elegant flowers. Plus, you cant go all out in everything, right -- unless you're willing to shell out for it. We've given it some thought, and we've decided to be practical.

Invitations:
Another low priority expense item. With invites, I believe less can sometimes be more.
  1. Margie Damian (GA Printing) - reasonable! And thats exactly what Im looking for.

2 comments:

  1. have you picked your photographer already? try checking out jeff kho photography (rock paper scissors) since you have a vintage theme. they take great pictures. i'm having my wedding in cebu too this november and i love your blogs... they help me alot =)

    by the way, i think you're my sister's batchmate in poveda, not sure though =)

    ~kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. We picked Jeff and Lisa. At that time, I dont think Rock Paper Scissors were that popular yet. Too bad cuz I actually like their pictures! Would have been cheaper for us to get a photographer from Cebu! Although we're quite happy with Jeff and Lisa. We just finished our first prenup shoot with them and it was a breeze! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...