Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mini-Engagement Dinner at Mesa



Its only now that Im able to enjoy the feeling of being engaged - share about it with my friends, talk about wedding plans and wedding planners, venues and dresses, and all the silly things that makes a wedding exciting for a bride. (I say silly because, if you really think about it, they are quite silly reasons to be excited for the big I DO)

Anyway, since we got engaged, I havent had the chance to see the Avengers (blame it on all the travelling - argh, dont remind me). As soon as I got back from Japan, Eyebrows and his pals arranged for a small and casual dinner, mainly to hang out but in some way also to celebrate our engagement.

It was our first time in Mesa (G5), Filipino restaurant (thank goodness! after all the foreign foods Ive been eating, I really really miss Pinoy food!). Eyebrows went all out (as usual) and ordered a baby lechon (poor pig...). We had it two way: pritchon style, and lechon paksiw. Both were awesome! We had way too much food, but all the dishes were delish! Loved the squid sauteed in garlic (a must order at Mesa!), the fried bangus, the tinapa rice, the laing (although I wouldnt say it was the best laing Ive had). There were other stuff like the lemon butter prawns, some beef stew... I was FULL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...