Friday, April 30, 2010

Buying Fabric for the Ninangs (Principal Sponsors)


With Eyebrows out of town, I was left to search for fabric to give to our ninangs (primary sponsors) so they can start having their gowns sewn. This was my nth time to visit a fabric store, and with a million swatches on hand, I was pretty sure it would be a breeze. Wow was I mistaken! After 3 hours of comparing colors, I could no longer tell beige from white. Then... just when I thought I finally had the color right, they didn't have enough yards to cover all our ninangs! So there I was, back to square one, tired and just about ready to put on a blindfold and leave it to fate to pick a freakin' color! (*Sigh*)

So I go back to the store I first went to (Fabric Warehouse, Glorietta, Makati) and asked for help, again. Gina, the saleslady was such a darling. She was so patient and understanding and helpful. She must have climbed that stool a dozen times to pick out yards of samples for me to compare. Then she came up with the brilliant idea of choosing another fabric type! You see, I was so bent on using chiffon since its what we're using for the rest of the entourage that I almost forgot I had other choices! We found this perfect fabric in satin... but before I went on to buy it, I called Veejay (or designer) to confirm what he thought. And guess what... nope to satin! Its too hard and wont fit every woman's body type. AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!! But, he recommended I try Georgette fabric. That's when we found the perfect color. It matched our bridesmaids dresses, it wasnt so light-colored, and it matched our purple theme as well! I went ahead and bought 25 yards. Finally. :)

The fabric and wrapping material I bought for the ninangs

You'd think I'd be tired by then, but NO... a sudden rush of creativity came upon me and I decided to look for materials to wrap the fabric. There's no way I can hand over the fabric to our ninangs in a plastic bag! So carrying 25 yards of fabric in my high heels, I went and searched for wrapping materials. By this time it was almost 9pm, I was starving and my feel were killing me!!! Long story short, I got all that I needed and another wedding task completed. :)


The finished product :)

I had to include our monogram ofcourse! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was browsing through the internet for some significant reason for buying the fabric for the ninongs/ninangs. Can you enlighten me on this matter, as our family has had this tradition but not one of my titos and titas can explain the real meaning behind this gesture. ^_^ This would be very helpful since my S.O.'s family isn't familiar with this tradition and has surely raised some titas eyebrows (yikes!). Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...