Sunday, April 25, 2010

Choosing a Hair and Makeup Artist


I didnt want to have to fly and lodge a hair and makeup artist all the way from Manila, especially when Cebu is said to have some pretty good ones in house. Tried out pretty much every make-up artist in town: Wenwen Zaspa (who I tried some months back), Gari Son, Ramil Solis and finally Jessie Glova.

Mom trying out Ramil Solis

Me with Gari Son

And last but not least, with Jessie Glova

Most of them did a good job, but it was only with Jessie that I got exactly what I was looking for - a clean, natural and well-polished look. Plus, he's got a very classy and happy personality that suits mine. Gari is my second choice, he puts effort in his work and is always is a bubbly mood! So, I have finally decided - Jessie Glova for myself and some family members and Gari Son for the rest of the entourage! Finally!!! :)

***************************
Ramil Solis
Mobile: +63 917 323 9488 or +63 922 990 1746

Jessie Glova
Landline: (+63) (32) 236 1808
Mobile: +63 917 622 2747 or +63 905 422 2747

Gari Son
Mobile: +63 917 620 1202

Wenwen Zaspa
Landline: (+63) (32) 418 2525
Mobile: +63 920 575 3643 or
(Jing-jing, assistant) +63 920 557 8432 or +63 932 233 4097
E-mail: new_zaspa@yahoo.com
***************************

6 comments:

  1. Hi There,
    First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding, it looks like it is going to be a fantastic event and you two look like such a fantastic couple.
    My fiancee and I are planning to get married on the beach in Cebu and are currently looking to get in contact with a wedding planner. We live in Canada so almost everything needs to be done via email and I notices the wedding planner you chose and was wondering if you would recommend him from your current experience. It's such an important part to play in a wedding, especially when we are planning from afar. Anyway, good luck with all your planning, hope you put up some photos of the event afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina,

    I think this is a great blog and really helps all of us who are about to be doing the same process. My hometown is in Lapu2x and I was wondering if you knew that you're wedding day will fall on the City Fiesta there? If you will be just in Shangri-la the whole time, that would'nt be an issue but if you plan to move around the city or get to Cebu or if you have guest from Cebu City, the TRAFFIC that day would be the worst. If you plan to go out that day, it would take hours for you to get to Cebu, it's that bad. Just wanted to let you know... gud luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi DanDan! Really? There's gonna be a fiesta on that date? Wow, thanks so much for letting me know! Some of our guests are planning to tour Cebu during the day of our wedding -- I'll be sure to get the word out! Really appreciate it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi "Anonymous"! We chose Bong Abella. It worked perfectly for us since he is based in both Manila and Cebu. So we were able to meet up with him without having to travel. However, he doesnt do so well in answering e-mails -- :) Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya,

    Me and my fiance are planning on getting married at the Shangri-La in Cebu next year, and your blog has been really helpful! I was just wondering if you would be able to give me a bit of advice? We are dying to do our reception outdoors, but don't want to be restricted to the 10:30 p.m. curfew. The Cowrie Cove sounds perfect (we still have to go see it) - I noticed in your blog that you mentioned you can party til late there. I was just wondering if you knew whether Cowrie Cove could be used for the reception?
    Also, we weren't planning on getting a wedding planner, thinking that the Shangri-La event organisers could sort out all the flowers and decorations for us. We were just wondering if there was a reason you decided to hire one?

    Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late reply... Ive been so busy I havent been able to check my site! Anyway, I hope Im not too late. Do let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help in any way! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...