Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cebu Local Music Options

I believe music is an important component to any celebration. The music sets the mood for the occasion so its important for me to get an artist that will portray the theme and feel we're trying to achieve. Ive never been good with song choices so I feel a bit in the dark with this one... one thing I know though is the mood I want to set for the night. For the ceremony I want it solemn and romantic. But for the reception, definitely elegant, but not stiff or overly formal - just light, upbeat and lively.

Ceremony Music: The Wedding String Quartet

Originally, the Shang package comes with a pianist and singer for the ceremony. I somehow fear this turning out a bit tacky. So I was thinking of using a string quartet instead.

Contact Details:
Maricel Capon of String Ensemble
Mobile: (+63) 917 4045218

Cocktails Music: Background Music

Cocktails should only last an hour or so... I was thinking of just having background jazz music for this one, doesnt even necessarily have to be a live band.

Reception Music: Classy Jazz Dinner Music for a Vintage Feel

Instead of the usual string quartet, I wanted an elegant jazz band. I think it would go perfectly with the vintage theme and create a more lively atmosphere. Imagine grand piano... saxophone... that kinda thing. Bong, our wedding planner, was able to recommend one that seems like a good prospect - Natasha Cang. I have yet to listen to her play, but Im praying that we've found our group.

Sample Video:


Contact Details:
Natasha Cang
Mobile: (+63) 927 6597016
E-Mail: natashatatat@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.natashacang.com

After Party: A Different Kind of House?

If there's anything, I want our guests to enjoy the after party -- stick around and dance dance dance! Here Im a bit lost. I dont know whether to go for the rock, the hip-hop, the house, the beach bossa.... ??? One option is an electric guitarist we heard one night out in Cebu - Chico Cristobal! His style is different! He plays the electric guitar with the DJ which makes perfect for a singalong dancing night.

Sample Video:


Contact Details:
Chico Cristobal
Mobile: (+63) 915 8689000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...