Friday, November 27, 2009

It's The Time for Weddings... K + K

November 21, 2009
Ceremony: Union Church Of Manila
Reception: Shangri-La Makati
Highlight of the Wedding: FOOD!!!

Since we hit November, the wedding invitations just keep coming! It's amazing how every wedding is different. I love how the couple's personality becomes so evident in their celebration.

The first wedding we were able to attend was of Eyebrow's old friend Kevin. It fell on the same weekend was my friend's wedding which much to my disappointment, we missed. I really wanted to be there, first to celebrate with them, second to celebrate with them in Shangri-La Mactan. I've come to love that place...

Anyway... the couple's wedding reception was held in Makati Shangri-La. It was was simple but elegant with probably the best wedding food I've ever had! They had a few songs by the band, a few speeches, a few AVPs with a tribute to both their parents - no games, no crazy surprises... just simple, classic, and timeless.

The food was the best, it just kept coming and coming till I couldnt have any more!

We started off with a sampler plate of foie gras, scallops, etc... That in itself was to die for! The foie gras was so good I could have eaten Eyebrows plate as well! haha!

The tomato soup was perfect. Then came the sea bass with mushroom risotto. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! The fish was crusted with truffles and the risotto was clean and sweet. I loved it.
A sorbet to cleanse the palette, then the juicy tenderloin steak! Mine was cooked medium to medium-rare. Eyebrow's maybe medium-well. By this time I was ready to explode!

For dessert was a rich chocolate cake with a surprise ferrero in the middle. If it didnt look so inviting, I would have skipped it. No regrets though, it was well worth the calories!

The drinks were free flowing -- and not just any ordinary bottle. Blue Label baby.

The floral centerpieces were done in taste. Classic just like the wedding -- I loved the orchids.


The night was topped off by DJ Karl Ty. Good fun :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...