Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tokyo Ginza Photography

Stuck at home on a Saturday night because of the crazy flood! Always a good time to catch up on photography posts. Took a 4 hour photography class in Tokyo one day and here are some shots.

Was walking by Ginza looking for good photo-ops when this adorable group of kids walked by me. Quite happy with the shot given the split second I had to compose it. Love how they're all in dresses and girly umbrellas!

"Following The Leader"

If there's one lesson I took from the classes, it was to get over my fear of taking strangers -- at least in Japan. Here people are quite used to having you shoot at their faces. This was taken by a train station. The mom and child squats in front a small crowd as they watch a performer.

"The Asian Squat"

Was practicing on my metering making sure to get the right lighting of the subject's face under the shadow of the umbrella. Love how this man shows so much character. I've labeled the picture "Pah-yeeeee", which is a reminder of a cartoon my cousin and I used to laugh to when we were little. The man reminds me of that cartoon character.

"Pah-yeeeee"

Click on the link for more pictures from the trip: Tokyo Ginza Photos

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...